Friday, January 11, 2008

Osiyo Gone - Oh No!

In a post I haven't quite completed I tell of the New Year doldrums - well they just got exponentially greater! My sister called to tell me that our favorite tea house - Osiyo on Cedar Rd. in Cleveland Heights is no more! I am devastated!
Just the other day I was checking my tea supply and noting what I needed to pick up. My plan was to run by tomorrow and pick up some Dream of Angels and King's Blend. What am I to do now?
If you never had the pleasure to visit Osiyo you missed a great little spot. Upon entering this storefront on busy Cedar Road the noise and traffic were quickly left behind. The room was dark and cozy with several quaint seating areas for couples or groups. On two occasions our book club "The Literary Sistas" held our Saturday evening gathering at Osiyo.
The staff and ownership were wonderful! Thinking Osiyo was Japanese, we were all surprised when the owner - heaven knows I don't recall his name, but he was a very charming older gentleman, explained to us that it was actually an Indian name.
On a couple of occasions I just stopped in for a cup of tea and the opportunity to do some writing in a quiet place.
To see just how quaint this tea house was, stop by here.
I never ventured upstairs to see the antiques, but the tea accessories were great! If anyone knows what came of this wonderful little spot, please let me know. Also, if you know of a great little tea house in the Cleveland area I need to know that too!

1 comment:

  1. osiyo was unique, and is missed...
    although i haven't been there in a while, i remember loving the algebra on murray hill. just a thought...

    ReplyDelete