Monday, December 15, 2008

Good News Monday!

It's not every Monday when you can end the day wanting to shout from the rooftops and dance through the streets, but this day, December 15, 2008 is just that kind of day!
To start my day off, I had to take care of some business with Cleveland State University in order to register for spring semester, so I made a telephone call and waited a few minutes before logging into the University's system. To my shock and amazement, the problem I had been trying to rectify for two and a half days had been solved, and better yet, grades for the fall semester had posted and I aced my class!!!
Now some might say, well it was only one class, but we must remember this is after being away from a true classroom for more than twenty years. In addition to that, I work full time and have had a number of family issues to deal with on top of it, oh and by the way the government just decided to let us in on the fact that we have been in a recession for the last year. That last announcement came to my household a long time ago, but with perseverance and God's guidance we have survived.
The best news of the day, however, came at lunch time when I received a call from my mom. She called my cell and I was away from the office, so she asked me to call her when I returned. When I called her back she asked what I was doing after work and if I could come by. The back story here is that in July she was diagnosed with cancer, so calls asking for you to come by are met with some level of trepidation. Not one for surprises, I began to question her only to receive the greatest news! As of today her cancer is in REMISSION! We will learn more on Wednesday, but her oncologist was so excited he gave her the good news today.
So, as you can see this has definitely been a GOOD NEWS MONDAY! I hope your day was filled with some level of joy as well!
~Peace

1 comment:

  1. Well that's a lot of good news. I am very excited for you. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete