Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year - New Attitude

Well I'm starting off the new year with a new attitude and focus. This is pretty much how I planned to end 2010, but somewhere along the way I found myself in a fog and many of my plans were derailed. This was not a negative however, it's just that many of the things that I had hoped to complete in the last 30 days of the year did not happen.

I started #reverb10 with the hopes that this would force me to write everyday, but I didn't quite finish - at least not the posting portion. Many of the prompts for the final couple of weeks were handwritten, or not completed at all. I may attempt to complete them, and possibly post them later this month.

My next task was participation in Picture the Holidays, which was an online photography workshop offered by Big Picture Classes and unfortunately I didn't complete all of these daily prompts either. I'm disappointed that it appears I have a problem completing tasks, but I'm happy with the progress I did make. The candle above is the result of one of our daily inspirations.

I think the time I spent writing the reverb10 prompts helped me to get through the holiday season, my first without my mother, and helped me to make it a pretty good holiday. You see at the last minute I decided that I would continue our family tradition of gathering for Christmas Brunch, and I expanded the family base to those who do not share my blood yet have become so much like family to me.

Well with last minute planning comes a whirlwind of activity that kept me pretty busy the week of Christmas. Christmas Eve was very emotional, but I was able to keep it together for Brunch and enjoyed the love that was flowing throughout.

Finally in an effort to end the year on a positive note, I hosted a "Sister Girl Year End Gathering" as an opportunity to bring together some of my dearest friends and say "Thank you" for helping me
get through the most challenging year of my life. We had a blast! The flowers are from a very special young lady who couldn't attend, I tell you the love I have received is as my niece would say "Awesome"!

About a month before she passed away my Mom said to me, "You're going to be fine" and through tears I told replied, "I'm glad you think so, because I'm not sure." Well as always - Mom's always right! Not a day goes by that I don't want to reach for the telephone and talk to her, not many go by without me crying, but all in all I have survived the greatest pain in my life and as I approach the one year anniversary I can say - It gets a little easier each day, but the hole in my heart will never close!

No comments:

Post a Comment