Sunday, July 24, 2011

Removing the Rust - Back to Blogging

Wow, this has been a very busy summer and it has kept me away from this page - Not Good! I haven't posted in nearly almost two months, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything to tell you guys about instead I have been swamped with planning my biennial Family Reunion and life!
The Shockley-Beatty Family Reunion is now under my belt and all-in-all it was a fabulous event! More than 120 Shockley's and Beatty's converged on Cleveland, Ohio for four days earlier this month and it was a lot of work, but I hope a lot of fun for all those who attended.


One of the best parts of this event was the fact that family members came from all over this wonderful country of ours - as far away as South Dakota and as close as Elyria, Ohio. Many of my cousins met one another for the first time and reunited with family members they had not seen in many years.
The Shockley-Beatty 2011 Family Photo

The true highlights are the Family Olympics when young and old form teams and compete in some of the wildest games you have ever seen - it's a blast and has become a staple of our reunions. This was our third Olympics and teams are already talking about the next Olympics.

Family Olympics - the Snail Race

One of my personal highlights was the production of "The Shockley's Journey to Oz" my adaptation of the Wizard of Oz! This is the family's second production and because of the popularity it is also becoming a family tradition. In "The Shockley's Journey to Oz" I traced the family journey from Marion, Tennessee in 1915 to present day. It was a blast!

Easing on down the road, a scene from "The Shockley's Journey to Oz

With the reunion behind us I am returning to my writing, photography and life journey. Thank you to Kat Sloma over at The Kat Eye View of the World, for today's blog title. Today I read her newsletter and the topic was removing rust - a task I will be completing over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment