Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Playing in the Snow!

Today I have been channeling my mother as Cleveland, that is the city proper, received the first snowstorm of the winter. My mother loved the first snow and being a part of the glorious beauty that God has given us in the form of snowflakes. Now I don't dislike snow, but not since my childhood
have I really reveled in just being a part of it. I like to watch it from the window and I love to see the fresh snow on the trees, but to just hang out in it - Not!

Today was different, I re
ally think she was egging me on so out I went to take photos and just enjoy the beauty of it. The weather reminded me of a snowstorm we had in I think in 1999 or so. The city
was basically shut down and when I looked out of my house there was a couple of feet of snow in the driveway and on the streets. At the time I lived down the street from my parents and at the height of the storm who comes traipsing down the street but my Mom. She's wearing her fur coat and trying to get me to come and walk with her. I was not game. Now, she really wasn't a dog person, but that day she asked me to give her my dog - CoCo so she could take her for a walk. That was one of the funniest things I had seen and today it was a wonderful memory! I now only wish I had gone out to play with her.

One advantage I had today was that I did not have to drive in it! So I'm writing this post at 6:15 p.m. and although I don't have to drive in the gridlock that is Cleveland right now, I am becoming impatient. I have been waiting for my husband for over an hour, but there is n
o need to be angry because he has been trying to get from E. 21st St. to E. 13th street for over an hour. What a mess! This storm really caught the City of Cleveland by surprise. Hopefully I will arrive home before 8 p.m. and upload the photos that support this post. So it's now 10:32 p.m. and I have only been home
about an hour!

I just received a message from my brother in Virginia telling me to come down for a visit. I think I will soon, but as I said I'm not one of those Clevelanders crying about the weather. The snow
will get old sooner than later, but I love living in an area with four distinct seasons and hey the cost of living is good!

Below are some of the photos I captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment