Wednesday, December 08, 2010

#reverb10 - Beautifully Different

This is my fourth entry for the reverb10 challenge. The challenge is all about recounting the year and looking forward to the new year. It is also meant to help you write daily and become reflective - at least that is my take. So today's prompt is:
Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.
Wow, what a challenge and if you didn't believe me when I said this challenge motivates you to become reflective I think you're with me now.
I don't know if some of my better points are things that make me different, but I think that most of my friends and associates would say that I am considerate and giving. When thinking about gifts to give I really try to think about the recipient and come up with things that reflect them. I don't look at quantity or value but at the sentiment associated with it, or the personal value the recipient will place on the gift.
I'm sometimes blunt to a fault, but I believe that in recent years I have learned to curb the tongue a little understanding that what I feel is not always what someone else wants to hear. Lately a number of people have indicated that they admire my confidence and I think that's a good thing, although I've heard some call it arrogance - which is so far from the truth. I have a strong confidence in my abilities and if I believe I can do it - no matter what it is I won't back down.
Finally and probably most important is that I strive to find the good in most everyone. Each of us has some redeeming quality - it just may be buried and you have to dig to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment