Monday, September 26, 2011

Finding Your Eye ~ Prompt 1

So yesterday I created a post explaining why I chose photography as an art form and while on my quest to learn something new I accidentally deleted the page and the wonderful comments associated with it. I hope I'm getting this right on my second go-round!

So I have been taking pictures since I was in middle school and became fascinated with my Dad's love of taking photos. Seeing the interest and trusting that it would not be fleeting my parents gifted me with my first SLR camera, a Nikon FG, that I have loved and cherished since that time.

With this camera I documented many events in Cleveland, OH and many family memories. I dabbled in the craft throughout high school and college and wanted to take it a step further but each time I looked into it as a college student I was told I had to start with Art classes. These classes all started with 101 Drawing which left me feeling intimidated because I CAN'T draw! 

Never to be turned away totally I signed up for photography classes offered by local community centers and even joined a few groups where I learned a little about developing film.

Fast forward to Christmas 2010 and my new Nikon 5000 and the bug was reignited. I enjoy capturing the moments in life, really like to capture candid shots of people and I am now trying to find beauty all around me.
In Kat's "Finding Your Eye" series I hope to determine what really is my "eye" and experiencing even more joy from my photography.

This shot is one of my favorites and I believe it sums up what I feel when I'm taking photos - joy, happiness, spontaneity. I have titled it Free because that what I feel when I look at this shot.

Enjoy!
Free


3 comments:

  1. This is my 2nd comment attempt because I clicked off this page before I was done the first time.

    My father enjoyed photography as well, and I'm sure that had a powerful influence upon me and my love for photography.

    Your "Free" picture captures the feelings of spontaneous delight...it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about your relationship with photography. It's so nice that your parents supported you in your craft. And, good for you for sticking with it and finding a way to take courses. Your photo free is uplifting and joyful. It really comes to life both with the sense of movement and the look of utter bliss on the subject's beautiful face. The lighting is fabulous too, highlighting her so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch on the losing the first post. For you and anyone else that might see this...try using Live Writer (by MSN). You load you blog account and theme and can type all your posts in there and then publish. It is the easiest part of blogging and I love that you can easily go back to an old post to make changes if you so desire. Plus it saves all your posts. So you can republish of so needed. Time saving for sure. You can also change your font, and font size and picture sizes and all that right there in Live Writer.

    And your picture is awesome. You captured the woman's face perfectly.

    ReplyDelete