Monday, January 23, 2012

What happens when you focus!

2012 is my year of Focus and boy has this been an adventure and we are only 23 days into the year! As I allow my chosen word to marinate and resonate with me I am finding that focus is a very broad and general term.

When I decided to choose a word focus just kept coming to me because while I don't think I have a problem focusing all the time, I can get sort of scatterbrained - jumping from one thing to the next. This happens primarily with creative ventures and I think that's because I have developed a number of interests over the years. So I was/am determined to focus on the key ventures and see them to fruition.

To that end I have enrolled in Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers e-course. Now one of the difficulties I have found with e-courses is that life just gets in the way of creative endeavors, but I'm determined that will not be the case with Beyond or with Ali Edwards One Little Word e-course.

So at least once or twice a week I make sure to check in on both sites and to produce a little something related to the prompts.

These are examples from last week's Beyond Layers photo prompt. The goal was to take a simple image and add a layer, but always keep it simple. I think I nailed it! What say you?

Daisies to brighten your day!

Another take on the daisies
For the One Little Word January prompt you are encouraged to take a self-portrait or have someone take a photo of you. I had not gotten around to this portion of the prompt, so when Kim's prompt suggested either using a self-portrait or something else I decided to try both for my "keep it simple" assignment.

Selfie leaving white space
Still leaving white space, but a fuller view
Not sure what I think of the selfies, but they're done! Will do more as the weeks progress.
Thank you so much for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment