Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Obama Express

The Obama Express is slowly snaking its way to the nation's capitol with throngs of onlookers braving frosty temperatures just to get a glimpse of the President-elect and his family. Observing this walk in history has been awe inspiring and emotional.
As I watch I think back to March of last year when the photo to the right was taken and crowds gathered at Community Colleges and various venues to see the man who dared to believe that he could make a difference. At that time I believed he had the right ideas, persona and the ability, but I didn't believe that America was ready. Well President-elect Barack Obama has proven me and millions of others wrong! America, at least the majority, is ready for change and change is here.
After the November election I vowed I would be in D.C. to witness history, because I really felt that there was no better place to be, but life has interrupted that dream and I like millions of others will gather on Tuesday and witness history in front of the television. What will be extra special about not being in Washington is that I will have the opportunity to observe history with my mother who has been one of the President-elect's biggest supporters from the beginning; my grandmother who will soon celebrate her 85th birthday and a couple of aunts, cousins and other family members. Chronicling this historic event from a family perspective will be just as rewarding as being in a crowd of millions.
A change has come to America, do your part to be an agent of change in your life, community and in your country.
~Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment