Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHY!!! The Only Question is why?


Just two days ago I wrote a very brief post on the need for patience in our world, and today I am so angry I could just scream!!!!!!!
I have just learned of the death of beautiful 6-month-old Ania Duncan, presumably at the hands of her own parents. I didn't know this precious child or her family, but just the senseless, callous way in which she died has my blood boiling.
Children, as cliche' as it may sound, are truly a blessing from God and to hear that this young life has ended in such tragedy is appalling. We live in a world where life is no longer precious. Where brutality and violence have become the norm for so many, and many others have become numb to the unspeakable crimes we read and hear about on a daily basis.
Ania is in a much better place, but oh what joy I'm sure she could have brought to a family that loved her. All you have to do is look at her beautiful, bright eyes and see that she was a joy the short time she spent on this earth.
If you have a child take an extra moment and tell them you love them, better yet give them a big hug!
If you're in the northeast spread some joy and stay warm, everyone else just spread a little joy today!
For more on this story check out wkyc.com, source of photo and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment